SCHAUMBURG, ITASCA, ELK GROVE VILLAGE, NAPERVILLE, PLAINFIELD AND AURORA ENGINE TUNE UP AND ENGINE MAINTENANCE
ENGINE TUNE UP AND ENGINE MAINTENANCE
Maximize your gas mileage and power, and increase the overall life of your vehicle, with regular tune ups. Engine tune ups should happen at least every 30,000 miles or every two years, depending on the age and mileage of the car. A tune up makes sure that often overlooked systems of your car work correctly and get replaced if needed. Engine maintenance and oil changes take place every 6 months or 3000-5000 miles.
A TYPICAL ENGINE TUNE-UP CONSISTS OF:
- Replace the fuel filter. Filters get clogged with particles and it can decrease the car's efficiency and power.
- A quality engine tune up requires new spark plugs and a check of the plug wires. Bad plugs or wires lead to mileage inefficiency, loss of power, and rough starts.
- We'll want to make sure you get new plugs and replace old wires.
- Check ignition system and timing. Older vehicles rely on ignition timing.
- Make needed adjustments to valves and check/replace gaskets if oil is leaking.
- Belts are an important part of the tune up. During an engine turn up we check all your belts and replace them if we see signs of wear and tear.
- Engine maintenance will include a check of all fluids and top off any levels.
- Change oil and filter if needed.
- Check and replace air filter.
- Replace distributor cap and rotor. Some cars do not come these items, but if you have them, we can replace them Check and adjust clutch in cars with manual transmission.
- Engine maintenance will include Service battery. Clean cables, add distilled water, and clean terminals.
The tune up and engine maintenance process and service may vary from car to car or based on length of time from your last tune up service. Prices may also vary based on your vehicle and selected services.
For your next tune up, email, call, or come down to the shop and set up an appointment.
Performance Auto Center is a Owner Operated located in two locations ELK GROVE VILLAGE, / SCHAUMBURG and Plainfield / Naperville area. At Performance Auto Center, we guarantee Auto Service, Auto Repair, Truck Service, Truck Repair and all Automotive Maintenance. Founded over 25 years ago with one goal in mind: Providing Honest, courteous, professional customer service and workmanship. We offer same day service to residents of the Elk Grove Village, Hoffman Estates, Itasca, Schaumburg, Wood Dale, Naperville Plainfield Bolingbrook and Aurora region... both locations conveniently located either 5 minutes south of Woodfield Mall or 5 minutes south of Fox Valley Mall.