ENGINE TUNE-UP AND ENGINE MAINTENANCE
If it’s been a while since your engine was tuned up, or if you suspect an issue, be sure to get in touch with Performance Auto Center. Our experts specialize in all-things cars, and your engine b is no exception. Our team can help you determine what is ailing your engine and find solutions you can count on, that are on time and budget. We’ll get you back on the road without delay, so give us a call today!
Dial (847) 891-7787 to get started or for more information.
Know When Your Engine Is on the Brink
To keep your engine in tip-top shape, it’s important to know what signs indicate a problem. If you experience any of the following issues with your vehicle, we encourage you to reach our experts:
- Smoke coming from the exhaust
- Engine knocking
- Overheating vehicle
- Decreased fuel economy
- Rough idling
- Patches of oil beneath your car
- Excessive vibration while driving
All these signs could indicate significant engine damage and should never be ignored. Book an inspection with our experts the moment you suspect a problem.
Book an Engine Inspection
When you contact us about potential engine problems, we’ll book an inspection at your earliest convenience. When you meet with us, we will discuss with you the issues you’ve been facing and take a look at your engine, testing its performance.
We will determine what is causing the problem to occur and the best course of action moving forward. Some engines will require a quick tune-up, while others may need replacement parts or to be replaced altogether. Our team promises to be transparent about the issue and provide you with the information you need to make the right decision for your car.
Our team will be happy to provide you with detailed cost information before we get to work.
At Performance Auto Center, Vehicle Safety Is Our Priority
Driving with a faltering engine is more than a nuisance. It can be downright dangerous. At Performance Auto Center, our goal is to ensure your engine is safe and in peak working condition before you drive back on the road. When the tune-up is complete, we will do a test drive, making certain that the issue has been solved.
We don’t do band-aid solutions either. We don’t want you to have to come back to us with the same problem a few weeks or months down the road. Instead, we guarantee our work, and if you aren’t completely satisfied, please let us know – we’ll make it right, right away.
When you trust our expert mechanics to tune up your engine, you can expect a safe, reliable drive.
Save Money When You Tune-Up Your Engine
Ensuring your engine is in top working order will actually save you money in the long run. When your motor is working to the best of its ability, you are maximizing fuel economy, meaning your vehicle is making the most of the gas you put in it. When you have your engine tuned up, you’ll notice a change in your mileage right away, and you’ll be happy you chose to work with our experts!
Contact Our Engine Experts
Maximize your gas mileage and power, and increase the overall life of your vehicle, with regular tune-ups. Engine tune-ups should happen at least every 30,000 miles or every two years, depending on the age and mileage of the car. A tune-up makes sure that often overlooked systems of your car work correctly and get replaced if needed. Engine maintenance and oil changes take place every 6 months or 3000-5000 miles.
A TYPICAL ENGINE TUNE-UP CONSISTS OF:
- Replace the fuel filter. Filters get clogged with particles and it can decrease the car's efficiency and power.
- A quality engine tune-up requires new spark plugs and a check of the plug wires. Bad plugs or wires lead to mileage inefficiency, loss of power, and rough starts.
- We'll want to make sure you get new plugs and replace old wires.
- Check ignition system and timing. Older vehicles rely on ignition timing.
- Make needed adjustments to valves and check/replace gaskets if oil is leaking.
- Belts are an important part of the tune-up. During an engine turn up we check all your belts and replace them if we see signs of wear and tear.
- Engine maintenance will include a check of all fluids and top off any levels.
- Change oil and filter if needed.
- Check and replace air filter.
- Replace distributor cap and rotor. Some cars do not come these items, but if you have them, we can replace them Check and adjust clutch in cars with manual transmission.
- Engine maintenance will include Service battery. Clean cables, add distilled water, and clean terminals.
Pop into our shop, or phone our team to learn more about how an engine tune-up can protect the value of your investment.
Affordable Engine Inspections
Our mechanics are certified to perform engine inspections that cover a complete list of items designed to investigate every working part of your vehicle's engine.
Our checklist includes inspecting:
- Spark plugs
- PVC valves
- Idle speeds
- Seals, hoses, and belts
- Leaking fluids
- Dirt and grime that could interfere with performance
- Ignition timing
- And more
Stop by our shop to view a complete list of the engine inspection protocol we use to ensure your engine is safe and in top working condition.
Why Do I Need an Engine Tune-Up?
While older car models require regular engine tune-ups for longevity, modern versions have onboard computer systems that can make these adjustments for you on the fly. However, these computer-assisted engines still need regular inspections to ensure maximum performance can be achieved.
In addition to this, an engine inspection can save you from the need for costly repairs. It’s true when they say, when one part of your car is compromised with damage, the rest of your vehicle will suffer.
Don’t overlook this step. Get in touch with our licensed technicians for a no-risk quote today.
How Long Does a Tune-Up Take?
Typically, a tune-up can take between 2 and 4 hours, depending on the age, make, and model of your car. Once we know what type of vehicle you own, we’ll give you our best estimate of the amount of time we’ll need to complete our work.
Phone our team to find out more about specific tune-up options for the car you drive.
Engine Tuning Produces the Best Fuel Economy
In addition to helping to maintain the lifetime and value of your vehicle, engine tuning is also the best way to ensure you&'re getting the best fuel economy. Higher engine performance gives your car the ability to perform dynamic handling and a smoother response to your pressing of the gas pedal. In short, if you want more torque and efficiency than the model you currently drive is offering, tuning is the way to go.
Is Engine Maintenance Required?
Ultimately, it is your decision whether engine maintenance is required. However, most car engine experts agree that maintenance is the key to the longevity of your system. It&'s also a good way to anticipate and prevent expensive future repairs. If you rely on your vehicle to take you to and from work, to run errands, or to deliver your children to and from school, a failure of this system could cause frustrating delays that can leave you waiting on the side of the road for hours.
Prevent this from happening by getting in touch with our certified professionals for a risk-free estimate.
How do You Maintain a Car Engine?
Want to keep your engine healthy? You’ve come to the right place. The depth of our training, licensing, and experience means we make maintaining a car engine easier than ever—without crushing your wallet.
Here are 10 signs to keep an eye out for that will tell you when your vehicle needs engine maintenance to prevent further damage:
- It feels like your vehicle lacks the power it once had when you step on the gas
- The engine seems sluggish or seems to be underperforming
- Dashboard lights are indicating a problem
- You hear strange noises your vehicle has never made before
- Your engine is stalling frequently
- You’re not getting the same fuel mileage as you used to
- You’re experiencing slower acceleration
- Your engine is leaking fluids
- Your engine is overheating
- You’re having ignition problems
While you may be tempted to ignore these warning signals. We caution you against this. Although your car is still operable, your safety, and the safety of others around you can be compromised when a vehicle is experiencing engine problems.
Additionally, the longer you neglect an engine, the more potential there is for other systems to break down. After all, when it comes to your vehicle, everything is connected and relies on other components to be in good working order for excellent performance.
7 Engine Maintenance Tips from the Pros
- Keep your tank as full as possible to avoid running sediment through your engine
- Keep an eye out for leaks
- Make sure engine belts are free of cracks and other signs of wear and tear
- Pay attention to dashboard lights and schedule service appointments accordingly
- Check and change your fuel filter as needed
- Cultivate smooth driving habits and avoid hard starts and stops
- Check on spark plugs and their wiring systems
By now, you are probably starting to see why engine maintenance is so vital to the overall performance of your vehicle. But should you have any questions, we encourage you to reach out to our shop.
The tune-up and engine maintenance process and service may vary from car to car or based on length of time from your last tune-up service. Prices may also vary based on your vehicle and selected services.
For your next tune-up, email, call, or come down to the shop and set up an appointment.
How Much Is Engine Maintenance Going to Cost?
There are several factors that go into determining how much engine maintenance is going to cost. Usually, the age and mileage on your vehicle play a role, but we also look for signs of damage, wear and tear, and broken or ill-maintained components that need to be replaced. Once we've been able to inspect this component of your car or truck, we'll put together a transparent estimate for your consideration.
We strive to keep our pricing low so that we can reach more of our fellow community members with the engine repairs and solutions you need to keep your vehicle on the road longer.
Connect with us by stopping in, sending an email, or giving our office a call.
What Sets Our Regular Engine Maintenance Mechanics Apart from the Rest?
We are a family-owned and operated business with 25 years of experience. When you bring your motorized vehicle into our shop, we treat your property with the utmost respect. As our partners, you can also expect:
- Quick response to your calls, questions, and concerns
- Speedy turnaround times
- Flexible scheduling to suit your busy agenda
- Licensed and insured mechanics with plenty of experience
- Honest, trustworthy professionals who put your best interests first
Phone our team to learn more about how regular engine maintenance can save you a lot of time, hassle, and money.
Performance Auto Center is a Owner Operated located in two locations ELK GROVE VILLAGE, / SCHAUMBURG and Plainfield / Naperville area.
At Performance Auto Center, we guarantee Auto Service, Auto Repair, Truck Service, Truck Repair and all Automotive Maintenance. Founded over 25 years ago with one goal in mind: Providing Honest, courteous, professional customer service and workmanship. We offer same day service to residents of the Elk Grove Village, Hoffman Estates, Itasca, Schaumburg, Wood Dale, Naperville Plainfield Bolingbrook and Aurora region... both locations conveniently located either 5 minutes south of Woodfield Mall or 5 minutes south of Fox Valley Mall.